BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Chalenge

As I sit thinking, it randomly dawns on me that moving back to Ogden means I have to go back to the 49th Ward. I'm not exactly thrilled. In the two, two and a half, years that I was a part of that ward I had three people in that ward that I would call friends, and then a grand total of about 5 people that knew my name. For the first 6 months of living here I went home from church every Sunday and cried. I felt so completely alone in this ward. They were all very stuck in the who is a part of the ward and who is just kind of there. And I felt like they have tagged me as a "just there" sister.

So now. I'm getting my self ready to go back. I'm hoping that this go in this ward won't be so bad, if I can meet people. I'm hoping that they'll actually try to get me this time. And I know that it's not just my fault, I could've done more to get people to take me for-realzies. And as such I'm challenging myself. My challenge is to talk/get to know a new sister every week. To MAKE myself apart of this ward. I'm hoping it works for me.

And as part of my challenge I'm challenging all those that read this blog. try to meet new sisters in your ward! You don't have to be their boosom friend and know what they do at 3 on the second tuesday of every week. Just help make people feel welcome. You never know if the sister that sits down the row from you every week in church goes home and cries just because no one says "Hi" to her in church. Make friends.

"Every good friend was once a stranger."

4 comments:

Bryan and Brianna said...

I really like your challenge for everyone who reads your blog. I'm sorry that that ward is so bad for you! I wish I could just go and slap the people in your ward. Because I know that if it hadn't have been for the people in my ward now, I probably would have moved back to Utah. It was really hard for me to move here, and be out of my element. I'm so thankful for my ward and the sisters coming up to me and just saying hi. And I've made sure I've done the same for every new sister I see. Good luck! I hope it goes better for you the second time around. :)

Anonymous said...

You know, wards change and people move on. Perhaps the ward is different. You don't know until you try. However, do keep in mind that it shouldn't be people that exclude to turn yourself away from the church. Yes, you are supposed to go to the ward that you live in. However, if you move your records and are active in a ward where you are treated well, it is worth it. I am well outside of my ward and stake boundaries, but I have not transferred my records because it was the first singles ward in a long time that I have been to that has been so welcoming and accepting.

Jessica :) said...

I'm not sure who "anonymous" is, and that might be why I'm brave and speaking my mind is I don't know who it is.

I'm not saying I'm going inactive. I haven't been inactive in my 22 years of life and I'm not going to change now just because people are mean. And yah know, I really don't think they've changed. I was a part of this ward for 2-1/2 years, I doubt that they've alllll changed in the 4 months I haven't been there.

Anonymous said...

I like you're plan, Jess! Way to think positively!!!

i'm sorry...but i gotta say this...every 2nd tuesday of the month at three i'm at writing club...if you're going to be specific...LOL

Kay, well, anyway...I'm proud of you and you're plan!! Go team Jess!!! : )

memo....this was Ellen : )