BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day

I feel it is my...moral obligations to wish you all a happy Pi day:)

what is Pi day you ask?

Pi day is celebrated March 14 (3/14 = 3.14) and it's pretty much just a good excuse to eat Pie:) And since my mommy makes the best pie EVER it's a GREAT excuse:)


To help you all celebrate I give you this AMAZINGLY easy strawberry pie recipe:) I can't remember where I found it...but it's super yummy:)

EASY FRESH BERRY PIE
Pie:

1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
raspberries, peaches, or strawberries

Rinse and cut up strawberries or peaches. Pour into pie crust, until completely full.

Filling:

1 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup water

Bring to boil, constantly stirring, until clear and thick.
Stir in 3 tablespoons flavored Jello. Stir until dissolved. Pour over fresh fruit in pie.
Refrigerate util firm.

Top with Cool Whip. In the center of the pie, add a piece of the fruit you've used, that
way others will know what type of pie it is.

The only trick is MAKE SURE you boil the cornstarch mix stuff until SUPER CLEAR, I keep messing up on that bit and makes it...runny-ish....

I'd post a picture but I'd have to restart my puter to do it and I find that to be silly:)

Happy Pi Day:)

0 comments: