BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

YARD WORK!

So the thing I figured out : being a grown up in some ways come fast an other things it takes a bit for you to finally realize "hey..I need to do that...". Like, you know you have bills to pay and you have to do the dishes and mow the yard. But we - in the three years we've lived here have NEVER done this much yard work! So now I blog!

So we've been working on getting our garden started inside and we've SUPER been needing to clean out the garden area. So we did! we had to weed and take out a wee stump and move all the onions to one side and build up the border a little bit and sift the dirt and pull out rocks and we had to make a path so the neighbor kids wouldn't walk all over my garden and WOOSH! but it looked great in the end! Really should've taken a "before" picture to show you allllllllll the stuff we did!


Now that I look at it though...I think I'm gonna take out the red stones in the front...they look goofy. Hmm...maybe use them as the stepping stones...thoughts?

And now all we gotsta do is move the seedlings outside:) Go team go:) And I only got myself injured a few times:
Scraped my head
Smacked my thumb *I could've sworn I fractured something*
Smashed my finger *insomuch that mean angry words came out*

And then when cleaning up I thought to myself, I said "Jessica, with all these rocks you found you should clean out the under the hose spot and lay the rocks there so it's less yucky!" So I went to go do so and LO! Apparently one of the previous owners already did that! So I cleaned it out all nice! I'm so happy!
AND we found nifty stuff too! We found a stone tile (from like the 1940's), a mussel shell, a black widow!
And Josh was such a good sport about it too! He hates yard work, and not growing up with a garden he thought the clearing out the space part was particularly dumb:) But he was very good and helpfull:)

Ok.
I think thats it.

PEACE!

2 comments:

Shalay said...

How fun!! I'm not so good at yard work so I'm glad that Jon likes it. Haha. The garden looks great! Super cute! I agree with moving the red stones for stepping stones! ;)

Bryan and Brianna said...

Yay!! Go team Welch!! That's awesome, and I think it turned out great! The red bricks, I would probably use as stepping stones, but that's just me. :)